When working on dual-monitor PC it often happens that you need to scroll the window under your mouse pointer, but not the one which is active.
In macOS scrolling is implemented exactly this way. MouseMAC brings such behavior to Windows.
MouseMAC is easy to use and does not affect PC performance.
Note for Windows 8.1 users
Such mouse scrolling behavior can be enabled in Windows 8.1.
In order to activate it, follow these steps:
- Press Win+R
- Type in the following command «regedit»
- Navigate to «HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop»
- Select «MouseWheelRouting»
- Edit its value from 0 to 3
- Logout and login to Windows
Still we recommend to use MouseMAC because it works better in some applications
Note for Windows 10/11 users
Starting from Windows 10 the described scrolling behavior is enabled by default. There is no need to install additional software or change the registry.